Shovel & Thumb, Pavers is a business division of licensed technicians operating within Vancouver, WA. We are your reliable source to design, install, restore, or repair any type of outdoor hardscape. Call us and schedule an on-site assessment to get an estimate.
PATIO PAVERS IN VANCOUVER, WA
RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL
As a preferred local business, we provide to property owners the highest quality of paver hardscaping services available within the Vancouver and surrounding areas. Our prices are competitive and our commitment to customer satisfaction is truly second to none. Contact us to learn more.
LICENSED PAVER CONTRACTORS
Paver patios are a great addition to any outdoor space. Available in a variety of styles, patterns, and materials, pavers can extend your property’s living space to the outdoors, providing an inviting decor for gardens, terraces, backyards, and sidewalks.
Installing a paver patio can be a challenge, as the pavers themselves must be level and slope away from the building. Tamping down and tightening the joints between pavers may require special tools. It is not uncommon for DIY individuals to install a paver patio that is uneven or loosely meshed.
For these reasons, it is recommended that you hire licensed experts of hardscaping in Vancouver, WA to design and install pavers. Every project has its demands, and often they involve environmental issues not apparent in the planning phase. A professional hardscape technician will be able to anticipate the various logistical challenges that are unique to each property.
BENEFITS OF AN OUTDOOR PATIO
Versatile – Paver patios come in a variety of styles. Most pavers are concrete, but they can also be made from brick, clay, or stone. With different sizes and shapes to choose from, pavers can be installed in a simple grid or in complex interlocking patterns. That is why property owners love the rustic, inviting charm of paved outdoor spaces.
Durable – Because they are made from hard stone or mortar, driveway pavers are very resilient. With proper installation, they can withstand extreme weather and aging, holding their shape for a decade or more without need for repair.
Low-maintenance – Fixing cracks or blemishes in an older paver patio is not difficult. A hardscape technician can replace broken or eroded pavers in the same manner they were installed. As long as the right paver is supplied, paver patios can be repaired to look brand new.
STONE PATIO INSTALLATION
01. Hardscape design – Once we have assessed the property, we can create the patio design. Working with customers, we decide how much space the patio will cover and also choose between a variety of paver designs, styles, and materials.
02. Base preparation – The perimeter must be established by our paver installers within the area of the project. A mason’s line is used to outline the slope and dimensions of the patio. Once the perimeter is established, our crew will clear the ground, tamp down the surface, and add a gravel base.
03. Patio installation – Next, we pour a layer of sand on the tamped gravel base. With the help of PVC pipe to serve as a level guide, installers then drag a wooden 2×4 along the pipes to create a level sand surface. The pavers are then carefully positioned on the sand surface, the space between them are filled with polymeric jointing sand, and then structure is sealed with a special solvent.
PAVER MAINTENANCE TIPS
Remove weeds – To preserve your patio, remove any weeds that sprout between the pavers.
Pressure wash – It is a good idea to routinely power wash the patio. This will rid the pavers of dirt, debris, and stains, while keeping the surface looking good as new.
Reapply filler – You should reapply polymeric sand to keep the paver joints tight and secure. This process is easy, as it merely involves pouring the sand between joints that have eroded or crumbled, and then wetting the sand to cure and fasten the joints.
Reseal patio – Pavers should be resealed every three years. This will help prolong the life of your patio, warding off any necessary repair work for many years to come.
CALL OUR QUALIFIED TECHNICIANS
We begin each hardscape project with an on-site property inspection. While determining the size and scope of the assignment, our team will provide you with a cost estimate. This is also the time to ask questions, make special requests, and learn about what our work entails.
- Custom hardscape patios to enhance outdoor spaces
- Sturdy paver driveways that endure heavy vehicle traffic
- Alluring pool decks to accommodate friends and family
- Versatile paver sidewalks that connect different areas
- Addition of decorative garden walls and stone fire pits
- Restoration services for any type of hardscape structure